Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
Exam goal and benefits:
Ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
- Planning & Scoping
- Information Gathering & Vulnerability Identification
- Attacks & Exploits
- Penetration Testing Tools
- Hardware & Network Troubleshooting
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Tester
- Security Analyst (II)
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Network Security Operations
- Application Security Vulnerability